Monday, September 14, 2009

CFTop10 Week 3 Top 10

After much deliberation on this topic I finally feel comfortable with what I am about to pick. A lot of football is still needing to be played, but enough has happened to make me believe I have seen enough for now.

10. Ole Miss - Slow start but nice finish. I am starting to falter on my feel with them. They have too many questions for a very veteran team.
9. Boise State - Oregon's win over Purdue makes them look better, but Oregon is still not a great team. BSU solid against perennial 'powerhouse' Miami of OH.
8. Penn State - Still solid on offense. Let's see how they do against a quality foe.
7. Ohio State - Yes they lost, but they played as well as I've seen them play defensively in about 4 years. They won't face a faster defense again this year and so their offense will pick up dramatically.
6. BYU - Slow but solid against Tulane.
5. Alabama - Nice win over FIU. They beat a very good VT at home. I should move them up but I still cannot get over their bowl game.
4. Cal - Destroyed a D2 opponent. Yeah.
3. Texas - Sure they pulled away in the second half, but the first was very ugly for a very veteran team.
2. Florida - Haven't beaten anyone, but look very solid against very inferior opponents.
1. USC - Without several key starters and a true freshman QB, USC went into Columbus and beat an Ohio State team that was ravenous. OSU needed this game. They NEEDED this game. You could feel it. But in the end, USC won. As of right now, with the way USC played at the end of last year and at the beginning of this year, they are the best team in the country. They went on the road and beat a very good OSU team. They will only get better.

No comments: